- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 28, 2004
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 05/02/1991
"...Dillon is a potent combination of looks, charm and menace..."
New York Times - 04/26/1991
"...Dillon gives a fine, easy portrayal....Pop movie making to be enjoyed without guilt..."
A handsome and ambitious young man who marries the daughter of a wealthy copper miner feels his future is quite secure, until his new wife begins to investigate the mysterious circumstances of her twin sister's death.
Social-climbing Jonathan Corliss romances rich girl Ellen Carlsson in order to get close to her powerful father, but his plans go awry when she becomes pregnant. Feeling cornered, he murders her and moves on to her twin sister, Dory, who proves to be just as vulnerable to his charms. But Dory is suspicious of Ellen's "suicide," and her investigation brings her closer and closer to the shocking truth.
- This is a remake of the 1956 Gerd Oswald film, "A Kiss Before Dying." Robert Wagner originated the scheming social climber role that Matt Dillon played in 1991. The sisters were played by Joanne Woodward and Virginia Leith. Also appearing in the film were Jeffrey Hunter, Mary Astor, and George Macready.
- Shot in Eastmancolor.