- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 20, 1998
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Film Highlights
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 12/21/1990
"...[Schwarzenegger] plays off the Schwarzenegger image more gleefully and successfully than ever before..."
To trap an elusive criminal, a veteran cop is forced to go undercover as a pre-school teacher. This charming film is one of Schwarzenegger's best efforts.
A rough, tough, take-no-nonsense LA cop goes undercover as a kindergarten teacher in Oregon to find and protect the son of a drug-dealer -- and he discovers that he just may have met his match in the roomful of rowdy moppets.
Family (General) |
Switching Roles |
- Filmed on location in Astoria, Oregon, and Los Angeles, California. Shooting began May 30, 1990; completed September 4, 1990.
- Released theatrically in the USA December 21, 1991
- Released on VHS video June 6, 1991 and laserdisc June 13, 1991.
- Film was greeted with controversy over the fact that the title and ad campaign were skewed towards small children, while the film itself featured many acts of violence, often directed against children.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification