- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 3, 2012
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Magnolia Home Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Behind the Scenes: Killing with Kindness
- God Bless TV: Deleted/Extended Scenes
- Interviews with Bobcat Goldthwait, Joel Murray and Tara Lynne Barr
- HDNet: A Look at God Bless America
- Roxy and Frank Music Video
- Commentary with Bobcat Goldthwait, Joel Murray and Tara Lynne Barr
- Theatrical Trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 05/11/2012
"This funny, sick twist of social satire is certainly locked and loaded..."
Box Office - 05/12/2012
3.5 stars out of 5 -- "The angriest treatise on kindness and decency around....You'll laugh and be offended..."
Total Film - 08/01/2012
3 stars out of 5 -- "It's the kind of cuckoo premise that director Bobcat Goldthwait excels at..."
Sight and Sound - 08/01/2012
"[G]leefully outrageous....A remorseless vivisection of American culture in the reality-TV age..."
Writer/director Bobcat Goldthwait skewers everything that's wrong with contemporary American culture in this firebomb satire about a disillusioned middle-aged man who embarks on a violent crime spree with a cynical teenage girl. Fed up with his selfish neighbors, fired from his soul-sucking job, and depressed at the infrequency of visits with his bratty young daughter, 45-year-old divorcé Frank (Joel Murray) prepares to end it all after being diagnosed with a fatal brain tumor. Just as Frank is about to pull the trigger, however, he has a sudden flash of inspiration: Before he takes his own life, he'll do the world a big favor and permanently silence the loudmouthed teenage star of a popular reality-television show. After witnessing the clumsy execution firsthand, high-school misfit Roxy (Tara Lynne Barr) convinces Frank to continue his bloody mission of cultural cleansing with her as his sidekick. In no time, Frank and Roxy are leaving a trail of bodies in their wake, and making headlines across the country. But all good things must come to an end, and when their partnership hits an unexpected hitch, Frank draws up plans to go out with a final bang.
Black Comedy |