- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 15, 1998
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Dolby Surround - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
- DVD-ROM Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"My nipples are very sensitive."
- Dr. Hesse (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
"Does my body disgust you'"
- Dr. Hesse
"My body, my choice."
- Dr. Hesse
New York Times - 11/23/1994
"...A delightful performance from [Thompson]....Jaunty and confident..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/23/1994
"...The film has an expert cast whose comic gifts are always complementary. Schwarzenegger's deadpan delivery, DeVito's insistent miniature swagger and Thompson's practiced slapstick clumsiness play off each other in satisfying three-part harmony..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 11/23/1994
"...It's sweet. It's one of those films you sit through with an almost continual smile....Oddly heartwarming..."
Upon losing their grant to develop a fertility potion, two male scientists steal an embryo in an attempt to prove their theories correct. The embryo, fertilized, is implanted in the abdomen of Dr. Hesse, who intends to abort it after the first trimester. Instead, the somber Dr. Alexander Hesse starts developing an array of new emotions and insists on carrying the baby to full term. To aid the two doctors in their research, although she does not know what they are really up to, Dr. Diana Reddin helps the two men gain access to the laboratory. In the process, Hess and Reddin fall in love, and Hesse confesses that he is pregnant and with her child. After some initial protest she becomes very supportive. Mayhem follows when Hesse is forced to hide out in a maternity clinic disguised as a woman while being pursued by his former boss.
- Produced by Northern Lights Enterprises.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Prints by Eastman.
- Copyright 1994 Universal City Studios, Inc.