The Invisible Man
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.83 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.15 (28% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 29, 2000
- Originally Released: 1933
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: Now You See Him
- Audio Commentary: Tom Weaver - Film Historian
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
- Stills/Photos: Production Stills
- DVD-ROM Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Claude Rains & Gloria Stuart|
|Performer:||William Harrigan, Una O'Connor, Henry Travers, Forrester Harvey, Holmes Herbert, E.E. Clive, Dudley Digges, Harry Stubbs & Donald Stuart|
|Directed by||James Whale|
|Edited by||Ted J. Kent|
|Screenwriting by||R.C. Sherriff|
|Composition by||Heinz Roemheld|
|Cinematography by||Arthur Edeson|
|Art Direction by||Charles D. Hall|
|Produced by||Carl Laemmle Jr.|
With THE INVISIBLE MAN (the first film in a series), James Whale (FRANKENSTEIN) provides another stylish, blackly comic entry in the popular Universal horror cycle of the 1930s. When a mysterious man, face wrapped in bandages and wearing dark goggles, arrives in a small English village one snowy night, things start to go awry. Jack Griffin (Claude Rains), a chemist who has discovered an invisibility formula, wants desperately to find the antidote, but a side effect of the drug is driving him insane. Becoming gradually more unhinged, Griffin strips off his nose, bandages, and clothes before the stunned villagers and sets about terrorizing the countryside. When he progresses from mayhem to murder, Griffin's beloved Flora (Gloria Stuart) and colleague Dr. Kemp (William Harrigan) work with police to try to capture the elusive Invisible Man. It is a race against time to stop Griffin's plans to make the world "grovel" at his feet. Watch for the stunning special effects during the snowy climax to this gripping, atmospheric horror classic.
Making a magnificent screen debut, Claude Rains stars as a scientist driven mad by an invisibility potion in this adaptation of H.G. Wells's classic story. Featuring groundbreaking special effects, the film follows the increasingly demented Jack Griffin (Rains) on his murderous rampage through an English village as he searches for the invisibility's cure. The police, Griffin's girlfriend (Gloria Stuart), and his fellow scientists race to capture the Invisible Man before before he kills again--and before he realizes his goal of world domination.
- The film received kudos for its special effects, which were quite advanced at the time of the movie's release.
The Bride of Frankenstein (Classic Collection) (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 66 ratings.
Based on 66 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD:
- The Decade You Were Born: The 40s - A Decade of War & Invention (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 60s - A Decade of Hope & Promise (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 50s - A Decade of Change in America (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- WWII - Eagle Against the Sun: 10-Part Series of the War with Japan (2-DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Pit and the Pendulum (1961) / Tales of Terror (1962) (DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE