Andre Kostelanetz Stereo Wonderland of Golden Hits / I Wish You Love
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Columbia CS 8839 (1963)
- Original Album #2: Columbia CS 8985 (1964)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A world-acclaimed conductor and arranger, Andre Kostelanetz performs some of the era's best known songs with his own flair and originality. This CD features Kostelanetz's classic 1963 LP and includes his interpretations of the biggest hits of the era "Maria Elena", "Blue Velvet" and "Fly Me To The Moon".
- 1.Days Of Wine And Roses
- 2.Walk On The Wild Side
- 3.Rambling Rose
- 5.A Taste Of Honey
- 6.Can't Get Used To Losing You
- 8.What Kind Of Fool Am I?
- 9.Devil Woman
- 10.Moon River
- 11.I Can't Stop Loving You
- 12.Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)
- 13.Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread)
- 14.Maria Elena
- 15.Hello, Dolly!
- 16.Deep Purple
- 17.I Will Follow Him
- 18.Blue Velvet
- 19.I Wish You Love
- 23.Ebb Tide
- 24.The Fall Of Love
The common knock against Andre Kostelanetz is that the conductor's myriad recordings are virtually interchangeable, yet ask most music buffs to recommend or even name a Kostelanetz LP, and the answer is likely to be STEREO WONDERLAND OF GOLDEN HITS. Which begs a question--why? What makes this particular album the go-to release in a catalog teeming with dozens of titles? It could be its digital-era longevity: It's one of the few Kostelanetz titles reissued as a stand-alone CD. It could also be its cover: with her flowing strawberry-blonde mane, piercing blue eyes, and canary-yellow sweater, the model seems to capture a kind of innocence lost in the immediate wake of the album's 1963 release and the subsequent assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Or most likely, it's the album's sound-- Kostelanetz's mastery of stereo recording was by this point absolute, and his renditions of contemporary favorites like "The Days of Wine and Roses," "Desafinado," and "Moon River" pour from the speakers with the thickness, richness, and sweetness of cake batter. Either way, it's definitely the entry point for the Kostelanetz canon, and more than likely the only record of his you'll ever need.
Andre KostelanetzFor The Young At Heart / I'll Never Fall In Love Again
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Andre KostelanetzWonderland of Sound, Broadway's Greatest Hits / Andre...
$8.27 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 48,545
- UPC: 090431787526
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Easy Listening: Orchestral Music Categories:
- 101 Strings Orchestra Christmas Memories: Thomas Kinkade (3-CD) ~ $7.87 LABOR DAY
- American Cinema Orchestra Award Winning Movie Themes of the 80's (CD) ~ $7.16 LABOR DAY
- Leroy Anderson The Best of Sleigh Ride (CD) ~ $9.89
- Leroy Anderson Collection (Reg) (2-CD) ~ $10.49 LABOR DAY
- Leroy Anderson Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $7.19
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY