- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 26, 1998
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Universal Studios
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Contains additional erotic footage
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/11/1994
"...[Basinger and Baldwin's] appeal as a couple of gorgeous outlaws is the main reason to see this sleek, entertaining remake....[The stars] have the wit and unabashed vanity to give this update a cynical 90's flavor..."
Variety - 02/14/1994
"...Baldwin fills the bill perfectly well....Madsen fashions a villain you love to hate..."
Los Angeles Times - 02/11/1994
"...A perfectly respectable thriller....As crisp and efficient as the crime it depicts..."
Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger star in this remake of the 1971 film based on Jim Thompson's novel. A woman sleeps with a sleazy gangster to get her bankrobber husband out of jail, promising to do another bank job for him. When they are double-crossed, they flee the mob and the cops while questioning their own loyalty to each other. The unrated version includes a steamier scene between Basinger and Baldwin.
A high-powered remake of Sam Peckinpah's 1972 version of the Jim Thompson crime novel. Bank robber Doc McCoy, is sprung from a Mexican jail, through the efforts of his wife Carol, for services to be rendered in a complicated heist. However, the job turns out be a double-cross, and the two are forced to keep one step ahead of a mobster's hired gun in order to make it across the border into Mexico for safety.
Love Story |
Organized Crime |
Theatrical Release |
- Additional cast: Royce D. Applegate (Gun shop salesman) and Daniel Villareal (Mendoza).
- The unrated version contains footage not seen in the domestic release.
- Copyright 1994 Largo Entertainment (North America), Victor Company of Japan, Ltd. (Japan), Largo International N.V. (all other territories).
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.