- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: PERFECT CONTROL
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
When a pitcher with stagefright is assigned the team mascot (a chimpanzee named "Ed") as a roommate, he learns lessons from the happy-go-lucky ape about how to relax and enjoy life, improving his performance on and off the field.
Ed the chimp is the mascot for the Santa Rosa Rockets baseball team. But when he displays keen athletic abilities, he is immediately upgraded, becoming the team's third baseman! Ed's antics and talent make the chimp a local celebrity -- and help his team become a contender for the championship. But just when the Rockets need Ed most, the monkey is kidnapped...
Animal Heroes |
Baseball Players |
- Directorial debut for Bill Couturie.
- Released theatrically in the USA March 15, 1996. The film grossed $4 million domestically.
- A Longview Entertainment presentation.
- Color by Technicolor.
- In Stereo Surround sound.
- Additional cast: Jay Caputo, Denise Chesire (Ed Sullivan); Doren Fein (Liz); Patrick Kerr (Kirby Woods); Carl Anthony Payne II (Stats Jefferson); Curt Kaplan (Randall "Zonk" Csonka); Zacharias Ward (Dusty).
- Additional credits: Dave Nelson, Norman Tempia ("Ed" special makeup); VIFX (animated engineering); Kathryn Couturie, Ned Gussick (associate producers).
- Copyright 1996 Universal City Studios, Inc.