- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 20, 1998
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital - 3.0 - English
- Dolby Digital - 3.0 - French
- Dolby Digital - 3.0 - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I don't want to become one of the living dead in Beverly Hills"
- Ernest (Bruce Willis)
New York Times - 07/31/1992
"...[Streep] outdoes even herself..."
USA Today - 07/31/1992
"...DEATH BECOMES HER boasts stars, special effects and a timely topic that are to die for..."
Entertainment Weekly - 08/14/1993
"...An original black-comic theme....The movie has a sprightly cartoon meanness....Streep and Hawn clearly revel in the chance to let the bitchery fly..."
An overweight woman loses her alcoholic plastic surgeon boyfriend to an aging star and immediately doubles her weight. An enchantress puts a spell on the women that makes them immortal -- no matter how dead they get.
Two women, one an author of beauty books and the other a vain actress, constantly compete with each other over which is the more attractive. So they both can't resist when presented with a magical elixir that promises eternal youth, life and loveliness. They discover, to their dismay, that the fiendish potion has some unexpectedly devastating -- and darkly funny -- effects.
Black Comedy |
Classic Fight Scenes |
- Began shooting December 9, 1991; Completed shooting April 7, 1992. Shot in Los Angeles, California.
- Released in USA July 31, 1992; Released in Taiwan October 24, 1992; Released in Australia November 26, 1992; Released in UK December 4, 1992.
- Budget estimate: $40 million.
- Color by DeLuxe. Recorded in Dolby SR.
- Bruce Willis replaced Kevin Kline before the film prior to production.
- Both Sydney Pollack and Michael Caine have uncredited cameos.
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Classification.