- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 26, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Universal Studios
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Snap Case with Slip Sleeve
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Spanish
- Dolby Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Dolby Surround - Spanish
Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary - 1. Zack Snyder - Director, Eric Newman - Producer
- Bonus Features:
- THE LOST TAPE: ANDY'S TERRIFYING LAST DAYS REVEALED
- SPECIAL BULLETIN: WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM
- SURVIVING THE DAWN
- RAISING THE DEAD
- ATTACK OF THE LIVING DEAD
- SPLITTING HEADACHES: ANATOMY OF EXPLODING HEADS
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 03/19/2004
"Good zombie fun, the remake of George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD is the best proof in ages that cannibalizing old material sometimes works fiendishly well."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/26/2004
"Snyder, making a killer feature debut, trades home-made cheesiness for knowing style, revels in the sophistication of modern special effects, and stomps off with the best remake...of a horror classic in memory."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/19/2004
"From a technical point of view, the new DAWN is slicker and more polished, and the acting is better, too."
USA Today - 03/19/2004
"Snyder comes up with some 'wow' shots....[T]his DEAD is zippier than 1995's retake on VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED."
Box Office - 05/01/2004
"[The film] still delivers a pretty mean bite as a gross-out/action shockfest."
Premiere - 11/01/2004
"[A] reasonably enjoyable shock machine thanks to state-of-the-art effects and an appealing cast..."
Rolling Stone - 11/11/2004
"It's good, thrilling fun."
Ultimate DVD - 12/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "A slick remake....Synder delivers a movie energy and vision that never dilutes the power of the original."
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: MARCH 19, 2004