- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 4, 2002
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital - 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital - 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Digitally Mastered
- Filmographies & Biographies
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 10/01/1998
"...Garofalo's deadpan FBI agent adds a dash of 'city folk' humor....[It's] Vaughn's smooth-talkin' Joe Buck shtick that steals the show..."
New York Times - 09/25/1998
"...Witty....A film that delights by confounding expectations..."
Box Office - 10/01/1998
"...A highly entertaining thriller....Superior originality is evidenced here, keeping film noir alive and pulsing..." -- 4 out of 5 stars
Los Angeles Times - 09/25/1998
"...CLAY PIGEONS' trademark is how quickly and without warning it moves from comedy to horror. Both director Dobkin and writer Healy have a nice feeling for this transition..."
Joaquin Phoenix is Clay, a young Montana man who is distressed over the suicide of his friend, the wife of whom Clay was having an affair with. When he befriends a charismatic serial killer (Vince Vaughn), death, while never touching him, can't seem to leave Clay alone. Janeane Garofolo does a snappy turn as an FBI agent in the darkly comic and surprising film.
Black Comedy |
Serial Killers |
Theatrical Release |