- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 6, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Universal Studios
Disc 1: CINDERELLA MAN
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound - English
- Dolby Digital DVS 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound - French
Addtional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes With Commentary By Director Ron Howard
- Feature Commentary:
- Ron Howard - Director
- Akiva Goldsman - Writer
- Cliff Hollingsworth - Writer
- THE FIGHT CARD: Casting Cinderella Man
- THE MAN, THE MOVIE, THE LEGEND: A FILM MAKING JOURNEY
- FOR THE RECORD: A History In Boxing
- JIM BRADDOCK: THE FRIENDS & FAMILY BEHIND THE LEGEND
- KODAK CINDERELLA MAN
- RINGSIDE SEATS
Disc 2: Bonus Features:
Deleted Scenes With Commentary By Ron Howard
- RUSSELL CROWE'S PERSONAL JOURNEY: BECOMING JIM BRADDOCK
- FOCUS ON SCRIPT
- CREATING THE REALITY
- RUSSELL'S TRANSFORMATION
- INFLATABLE PEOPLE
- LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION: THE FIGHT FROM EVERY ANGLE
- BRADDOCK VS. BAER Fight Footage
- THE SOUND OF THE BELL
- Cinderella Man Music Featurette
- THE HUMAN FACE OF DEPRESSION
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 06/10/2005
"[T]here's not another actor working in the movies today with Crowe's kind of gravitational pull to authenticity..."
New York Times - 06/03/2005
"Out of the ring and opposite Mr. Giamatti, Mr. Crowe eases into the boxer's soft side, at times beautifully; in the ring, he's repulsively believable."
USA Today - 06/10/2005
"The climactic matchup works splendidly for two reasons. There's so much on the line, and the staging is breathtaking..."
Premiere - 07/01/2005
"Crowe's physical acting is miraculous....A top-notch entertainment and as fine a sports movie as one could hope for."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2005
"Imbuing his Braddock with uncommon dignity and integrity, Crowe creates an utterly human character..."
Uncut - 10/01/2005
"Russell Crowe is rugged and resilient....It's a solid picture..."
Rolling Stone - 12/01/2005
Ranked #6 in Rolling Stone's "Top 25 DVDs Of 2005' -- "If there's any justice, DVD will rescue this rousing drama from shocking box-office indifference."
Widescreen Review - 07/01/2006
"[An] emotional true story....This is a good soundtrack that works well with the story."
Wall Street Journal - 05/22/2009
"The film is RAGING BULL minus the rage, though with a motivation that's at least as involving, and a lot more surprising."
Family Life |
- Theatrical Release: June 3, 2005