- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 16, 1999
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Film Highlights
- Parental Lock
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
- DVD-ROM Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 11/09/1990
"...It's an all-out horror film....The film belongs to Vincent, a remarkably resilient and tenacious young actor..."
Chucky is back! After the fire, the toy factory wanted to dispel the bad publicity. Boy are they in for a surprise! He's back on Andy's trail and this time he intends to win.
Traumatized by the events in "Child's Play 1," young Andy moves in with foster parents who attempt to help him forget about his past. But his Chucky doll continues to plague him, and this time the doll wants to transport its killer soul into the body of the child.
- Estimated budget $12 million.
- Film was originally produced under the auspices of the United Artists studio, but Chief Executive Officer David Evans wanted to stop production of horror films. Eventually, the film was optioned to Universal, who completed the production.
- French Title: "Chucky, la poupee de sang."