Benny Goodman Solid Gold Instrumental Hits
|You Save:||$12.99 (87% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 26, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Columbia PG 33405 (1975)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Twenty swinging instrumental songs from the great Big Band master, Benny Goodman and his orchestra. These songs are among the best from the peak of his career including "String Of Pearls", "The Birth Of The Blues" and "Moonlight On The Ganges". All songs recorded between 1940 and 1945.
- 1.Six Flats Unfurnished
- 2.Something New (Negra Soy)
- 3.Air Mail Special
- 6.Clarinet á La King
- 8.Love Walked In
- 9.Moonlight On The Ganges
- 10.String Of Pearls
- 11.Mission To Moscow
- 12.Jersey Bounce
- 13.The Earl
- 14.The Birth Of The Blues
- 15.Pound Ridge
- 17.My Little Cousin
- 18.Time On My Hands (You In My Arms)
- 19.Fiesta In Blue
- 20.The Count
Personnel: Benny Goodman (clarinet); Dick Haymes, Peggy Lee (vocals); Mike Bryan, Dave Barbour, Tom Morgan (guitar); Gus Bivona, Bill Shine, Clint Neagley, Sol Kane, Bud Shiffman, Jimmy Horvath, Aaron Sachs, Les Robinson, Hymie Schertzer (alto saxophone); Al Epstein, Jon Walton, Stan Kosow, Georgie Auld, Jerry Jerome, Vido Musso, George Berg, Pete Mondello (tenor saxophone); Bob Poland, Bob Snyder, Danny Bank, Art Ralston, Johnny MacAfee (baritone saxophone); Al Cuozzo, Irving Goodman, Alec Fila, Tony Faso, Cootie Williams, Lawrence Stearns, Alvin Davis, Vince Badale, Billy Butterfield, Jimmy Maxwell, Stan Fishelson, Bernie Privin (trumpet); Charlie Castaldo, Sy Shaeffer, Lou McGarity, Bill Pritchard, Trummy Young , Cutty Cutshall (trombone); Johnny Guarnieri, Bernie Leighton, Mel Powell, Charlie Queener (piano); Harry Jaeger, Jo Jones , Alvin Stoller, Big Sid Catlett, Ralph Collier (drums).
Liner Note Author: Russ Connor.
Recording information: Chicago, IL (12/18/1940-03/17/1945); New York, NY (12/18/1940-03/17/1945).
Arrangers: Eddie Sauter; Jimmy Mundy; Benny Goodman; Mel Powell; Buster Harding.
Despite its dumb title (none of these 20 performances were million sellers), this double LP contains many of the highpoints of what was Benny Goodman's most interesting orchestra. The arrangements of Eddie Sauter and Mel Powell in particular challenged BG (while giving him an entire new book of material) and led to many classic moments. Highpoints include "Air Mail Special," "Clarinet A La King," "Clarinade," "Love Walked In" "String of Pearls" and "Jersey Bounce." ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 1,972
- UPC: 090431785928
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 3 Grand 3 the Hard Way (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3-2 Get Funky Three to Get Funky (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- ABC Abracadabra (CD) ~ $1.99 on SALE
- Academy Of St. Martin In The Fields Mozart - Gallery Of Classics (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Ace of Base Cruel Summer (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Allures Doo Wop Memories (Just For You), Acappella Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- America Live (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- American Composers Orchestra Beaser: Chorale Variations / Seven Deadly Sins / Concerto for Piano & Orchestra (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- American Jazz Philharmonic American Jazz Philharmonic (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Carl Anderson Fantasy Hotel (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE