- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 9, 1997
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 06/27/1991
"...Solid performances....An earnest testimonial to firefighters..."
Sight and Sound - 08/01/1991
"...BACKDRAFT prides itself on the authenticity of its action sequences..."
USA Today - 05/24/1991
Two feuding brothers carry on a heroic family tradition in the Chicago Fire Department. Before the smoke clears, love affairs are rekindled and lives are shattered as the brothers fight to resolve their differences and solve a puzzling series of arson attacks, each ignited by explosive phenomena known as backdrafts.
- Paul Huston served as visual effects art director.
- Filmed in Chicago. Color by Deluxe. Sound by Dolby.