- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 2, 2002
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 06/01/1991
"...A suitably majestic score....Spectacular [locations]..."
New York Times - 01/18/1991
"...Scenic and enveloping....By no means strictly a children's film..."
Sight and Sound - 01/18/1991
"...The wilderness scenes are spacious, exciting....[The cinematographer] brings unforced lyricism to the Alaskan vistas..."
A young man tries to fulfill his father's dying wish to find gold in the treacherous Yukon Valley. His journey begins when he meets a veteran goldminer who guides him to his father's claim. Along the way, he discovers a kindred spirit who will change his life forever...a wolf-dog named White Fang.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
Jack London's immortal tale of courage and survival comes to glorious life amid the breathtaking beauty of the great Alaskan frontier! Ethan Hawke (DEAD POETS SOCIETY) stars as a young man trying to fulfill his father's dying wish to find gold in the treacherous Yukon valley. His incredible journey begins when he meets a veteran gold miner (Klaus Maria Brandauer), who guides young Jack to his father's claim. Along the way, Jack discovers a kindred spirit who will change his life forever -- a magnificent wolf-dog named White Fang. From the taming of a wolf, to the taming of the wild, he must find the courage to conquer his fears and become a man in this spectacular outdoor adventure!
- Technicolor prints.
- Other cast members include Clint B. Youngreen (Tinker); Pius Savage (Grey Beaver) and Suzanne Kent (Heather).
- Remake of the 1936 feature film directed by David Butler and release through 20th Century Fox.
- Robert Schneider and Richard H. Prince were the production managers.