- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 30, 2006
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 05/18/1995
"...A comic and touching ride..."
USA Today - 04/21/1995
"...The adorable Bullock is a bundle of human sunshine....Bill Pullman is irresistible..." -- 3 out of 4 stars
Entertainment Weekly - 04/28/1995
"...[Bullock in] the kind of dilemma the heroine of a '30s screwball comedy might have gotten into..."
Variety - 04/17/1995
"...[Pullman] takes great relish in his plum role. He's a delight..."
New York Times - 04/21/1995
"...Breezy and adorable....[With] good cheer and fine tuning....Ms. Bullock is the film's main attraction, bringing a warm smile and a winning array of mannerisms to her role..."
Los Angeles Times - 04/21/1995
"...Amiable....Bullock is a genuinely engaging performer....She can draw us into her spunky loneliness -- you want to see her smile..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 04/21/1995
"...WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING is one of those movies that blind-sides you with its charm..."
When a lonely subway toll-taker is mistaken for a comatose man's fiancee after saving his life, his estranged family welcomes her with open arms. But when a brother becomes suspicious and investigates her claims, she realizes she's "attached" to the wrong brother!
Family Interaction |
Love Story |
- Produced in association with Caravan Pictures.
- Additional credits: Sandra M. Middleton and Aiman Humaideh (assistant directors)
- Color and prints by Technicolor. Shot on location in Illinois.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1995 Hollywood Pictures Company.'
- The film was a big hit, grossing $81 million domestically, and $100.9 million overseas. The movie's popularity solidified Sandra Bullock as a "bankable" leading actress.