Mamma Mia! (Widescreen) (With CD Soundtrack and Collectible Book) (2-DVD)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 10, 2009
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Sing-Along! On-Screen Lyrics for 22 Musical Numbers
- Deleted Musical Number: "The Name of the Game"
- The Making of Mamma Mia! The Movie
- Becoming a Singer
- Anatomy of a Musical Number: "Lay All Your Love on Me"
- On Location in Greece
- "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" Music Video
- Plus Outtakes, Deleted Scenes
- Dual Layer
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan & Amanda Seyfried|
|Performer:||Julie Walters, Dominic Cooper & Christine Baranski|
|Directed by||Phyllida Lloyd|
|Screenwriting by||Catherine Johnson|
|Composition by||Benny Andersson, Bjorn Ulvaeus & ABBA|
|Produced by||Judy Craymer & Gary Goetzman|
|Director of Photography:||Haris Zambarloukos|
|Executive Production by||Benny Andersson, Bjorn Ulvaeus, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson & Mark Huffam|
3 stars out of 4 -- "[Streep's] chemistry with co-star Pierce Brosnan is palpable. Streep and the rest of the cast appear to be having the time of their lives."
"Playful exuberance is the order of the day....['Waterloo'] lures you into a glorious world of upbeat melodies, glitter, sequins and flares, and leaves you dancing out of the cinema."
3 stars out of 5 -- "There's a joyous 'Dancing Queen'....It's full of super troupers and smiles."
"Set on a stunning Grecian isle, MAMMA MIA! is a frenzied farce....Get ready to dust off those old ABBA discs on vinyl. Because afterwards, you'll want to keep this party going..."
Major hijinks and confusion ensues, all amidst the utterly romance scenery, and the rather irresistible, swelling love ballads. Streep has a lovely singing voice, and to watch her throw herself into this whimsical role is truly a delight. She looks like she is having a ball, and it is hard not to shimmy along with her. Baranski reliably delivers an over-the-top showstopper, and Brosnan's tender singing voice makes his character all the more touching. The film strives to be a jubilant celebration of mother/daughter relationships and the love between good friends, and no matter how cheesy some may find Abba, it is hard to resist its many charms.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 749 ratings.
I love this movie, It makes me so uplifted every time I watch it. Thought I was just getting movie, but much to my surprise it was a whole set. It has a 2nd DVD with extras from the move. A CD with the songs and even a book about the movie. Love this site. It cost so little and the shipping was so fast.
Top ranking titles in the Musicals & The Arts genre:
- Blue Hawaii (DVD) ~ $5.37 on SALE
- Grease (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
- You're My Everything (DVD-R) ~ $14.99 on SALE
The Wizard of Oz (DVD) ~
$4.60 Super Savings
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Suspense - Lost Episodes Collection 3 (4-DVD) ~ $6.38 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.