- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2002
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of: "Adventure in the Making: Walt Disney's SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON"
- Featurette: "Lost and Found: The Swiss Family Treehouse"
- Shorts: Original Animated Short That Accompanied the Film
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Interactive Tour: "Inside the Disney Archives"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 12/10/1993
"...With terrific action..."
Fleeing from Napoleonic oppression, the Robinson family get shipwrecked and marooned on an island inhabited by tigers, elephants and zebras. They soon feel at home, once their majestic tree house--complete with running water--is set up. However, the Robinson's must face a danger even greater than nature: treacherous pirates!
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment:
Swiss Family Robinson
One of Disney's biggest and most fondly remembered hits, the spectacular screen version of the literary classic SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON is full of breathtaking South Seas scenery, hundreds of exotic animals, and treacherous pirates. This heroic tale chronicles the courageous exploits of the Robinson family after they are shipwrecked on a deserted island. Using teamwork and ingenuity, they skillfully overcome the obstacles of nature and transform their new home into a "civilized" community. But the ultimate challenge lies ahead when a band of cutthroat pirates threaten to destroy the Robinson's Makeshift paradise. Capture the thrills, romance, and fun of this unforgettable Disney film!
Family (General) |
Family Interaction |
Stranded / Castaway |
Theatrical Release |
- This home video version of "Swiss Family Robinson" is part of Disney's Exclusive Archive collection. In addition to the digitally mastered film, it includes interviews with actress Dorothy McGuire and director Ken Annakin, the complete syndicated cartoon strip based on the film, the original theatrical trailer, comparisons between the storyboards and the actual film, production photos, and a short film on the film's production, "Escape to Paradise."
- Filmed in Technicolor.