Trains The Golden Age of Trains, Volume 3
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Run Time: 2 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Black & White & Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: August 30, 2016
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Alpha Video
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Power Behind The Nation (1940): This Norfolk and Western Railway film explains how coal, carried by their freight trains, powers America.
A Railroad At Work (1946): A young engineer is introduced to the Milwaukee Road, including its steam-powered Hiawatha streamline trains.
Operation Fast Freight (1950): The exciting tale of a train carrying precious cargo from Ohio to Virginia, brought to you by Norfolk and Western.
The Railroad Story (1951): The Illinois Association of Railroads presents a strong case for trains as the industry faces competition from other forms of transportation.
Last Of The Giants (1959): This amazing film documents the last days of the 'Big Boys', the world's largest steam locomotives. United Pacific Railroad cameramen filmed the trains for the last three years of their use.
Railroad Man (1967): A moving portrait of the often lonely lives of the men who keep the nation's trains running. Produced in The late 1960s as passenger service was dropping and the golden age of trains was coming to a close, Railroad Man is directed by famed Finnish cinematographer Jeri Sopanen (My Dinner with ).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
- Sales Rank: 1,460
- UPC: 089218783691
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the World (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE