- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 11, 2000
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 10/02/1992
"...The Ducks are rather cute..."
Gordon Bombay is a hotshot lawyer sentenced to community service after a D.U.I. Conviction. Grudgingly he takes on a sad Pee-Wee hockey team as coach. Sequels: "D2: The Mighty Ducks" and "D3: The Mighty Ducks."
An unruly group of kids needs a coach for their hockey team, and they end with a seemingly heartless exec who's looking to beat a drunk-driving rap by doing community service. After much trial and error, "Coach" teaches the boys that cooperation can help them overcome their opponents' superior skills and expertise. And along the way, their young instructor learns a few things about himself -- like the importance of family and friends.
- Shot in Technicolor.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British board of Film Classification.
- Additional cast members include Aaron Schwartz (Dave Karp); Garette Ratliff Henson (Guy Germaine); Marguerite Moreau (Connie); Jane Plank (Tammy); Jussie Smollett (Terry Hall) and Vincent A Larusso (Adam Banks).
- Copyright Buena Vista Pictures Distribution, Inc.