- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 3, 2004
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 02/06/1980
"...Frank Phillips does a fine job photographing a variety of locales....[The] music is appropriately youthful..."
Actor Michael J. Fox made his feature film debut in this teen comedy about one very strange night in L.A. In it, scavenger hunt maestro Leon challenges a variety of his college chums to participate in a tough, drawn-out game he names "The Great All-Nighter". The game demands that its participants must gather odd objects and decipher riddles to figure out where the finish line is. The first group there, wins. However, the competitors, who consist of geeks, jocks and snobs, just might kill each other before they find a single clue.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
A genius grad student organizes an all-night treasure hunt in which five rival teams composed of colorful oddballs furiously match wits with one another while trying to locate and decipher various cryptic clues planted ingeniously around Los Angeles.
Campus Life |
- Film debut for actor Michael J. Fox.
- Though "Midnight Madness" was produced by the Disney studio, executives removed the company logo from the film prior to release because they felt the material in the teen romp was too irreverent for its corporate image.
- Additional cast: Brad Wilkin (Lavitas); Maggie Roswell (Donna); Joel P. Kenney (Flynch); and Alan Solomon (Leon).
- Color by Technicolor.