- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 4, 2004
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A colorful Walt Disney production based on the true Civil War story of Andrews' Raiders, who captured a Confederate railroad train during the Civil War and were then pursued by another Confederate locomotive. When Andrews, a Union spy, leads a team of soldiers into the South to demolish the railway system, things don't go as planned. The train conductor catches on to the plan, and does everything he can to stop them! Buster Keaton featured the same story in The General.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
The Great Locomotive Chase
After commandeering a Confederate locomotive, heroic Yankee soldiers known as the Andrews Raiders try to bring about an early end to the Civil War by crippling the Southern railroad network. But their efforts are hampered by the unrelenting bravery of a single Rebel patriot.
- Color by Technicolor. Shot in CinemaScope.
- Additional cast: Don Megowan, Lennie Geer, Marc Hamilton, Stan Jones, W. S. Bearden, Harvey Hester, and Douglas Bleckley.
- "Sons of Old Aunt Dinah" composed by Lawrence Edward Watkin, Stan Jones, and Paul J. Smith.