Humble Pie On to Victory / Go for the Throat
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Elektra ATCO 38-122 (1980)
- Original Album #2: Elektra ATCO 38-131 (1981)
Description by OLDIES.com:
This is your chance to get two albums on one CD by one of the best rock groups of the 60s, 70s and the 80s. These two albums let you experience the rebirth of the power group with two of their most popular albums. On To Victory was originally released by Elektra in 1980 and was the first album after Steve Marriott reformed the band. The album and single "Fool For A Pretty Face" both climbed well into the Billboard Top 100 lists.
Go For The Throat was Humble Pie's second release after the reform. It features the hit single Tin Soldier, which climbed to number 58 on the Billboard Top 100.
- 1.Fool For A Pretty Face
- 2.You Soppy Pratt
- 4.Take It From Here
- 5.Savin' It
- 6.Baby Don't You Do It
- 7.Get It In The End
- 8.My Lover's Prayer
- 9.Further Down The Road
- 10.Over You
- 11.All Shook Up
- 12.Teenage Anxiety
- 13.Tin Soldier
- 14.Keep It On The Island
- 16.Restless Blood
- 17.Go For The Throat
- 18.Lottie And The Charcoal Queen
- 19.Chip Away (The Stone)
2 LPs on 1 CD: ON TO VICTORY (1980)/GO FOR THE THROAT (1981).
Personnel: Steve Marriott (vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards); Bob Tench (vocals, guitar); Jerry Shirley (drums).
Recording information: Media Sound, Copenhagen, Denmark; Soundworks Studio; Villa Recorders, Modesto, CA.
Photographer: Mark Hanauer.
This two-for-one disc collects the pair of albums that Humble Pie recorded after frontman Steve Marriott and drummer Jerry Shirley resurrected the British group's name in 1980. By this time, of course, the ensemble's most famous alum, Peter Frampton, was long gone, and these outings--recorded with guitarist Bobby Tench and bassist Anthony "Sooty" Jones--stray from the band's original blues-rock template considerably, leaning towards a heavier sound that, at times, recalls AC/DC. ON TO VICTORY (1980) found a surprisingly large audience with its hard-rock edge, though that mood is tempered here by songs such as the reggae-like "Savin' It" and the funky "Over You." GO FOR THE THROAT (1981) begins with an amped-up, metallic take on Elvis Presley's "All Shook Up" and continues in the vein of the earlier album. Fans of Humble Pie's Frampton era will likely be perplexed by this release, but, for aficionados of early-'80s hard rock, these often-overlooked records may be a pleasant find.
Woodstock - 20 Years After: A Reunion Concert (3-DVD)
$17.82 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 8,416
- UPC: 090431781029
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Rock & Pop: Hard Rock Music Categories:
- 12 Stones Anthem for the Underdog (CD) ~ $8.73 LABOR DAY
- 21 Guns Nothing's Real (CD) ~ $14.81 LABOR DAY
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $16.50 LABOR DAY
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams (CD) ~ $12.56
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams [Clean] (CD) ~ $12.56
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- The Aces Combo Introducing The Aces Combo (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY