Slave Show Time / Visions of The Lite
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Mary Jane Girls 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of the Mary Jane Girls (CD) ~ $4.40
- Graham Central Station Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt It (CD) ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic Cotillion 5227 (1981)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic Cotillion 90024 (1982)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Two fantastic Slave albums on one CD. Originally released in 1981 by Atlantic, Show Time marks the end of an era for slave as it was the last album to feature Steve Arrington. Often regarded as the group's finest album, the album broke into the Billboard Top 50 Pop Albums chart and featured the Top 100 single "Snap Shot." Visions of Lite was originally released by Atlantic in 1982 and landed in the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart.
- 1.Snap Shot
- 2.Party Lites
- 3.Spice Of Life (Oh Yeah, You're The Best)
- 5.Wait For Me
- 6.Steal Your Heart
- 7.For The Love Of You
- 8.Funken Town
- 9.Intro (Come To Blow Ya Mind)
- 10.Do You Like It...(Girl)
- 11.I'll Be Gone
- 12.Friday Nites
- 13.Be My Babe
- 14.Sweet Thang
- 15.Stay In My Life
2 LPs on 1 CD: SHOW TIME (1981) / VISIONS OF THE LITE (1982).
Personnel: Danny Webster (vocals, guitar, percussion, background vocals); Floyd Miller (vocals, trombone, horns); Sam Carter (vocals, keyboards, percussion); Marvin Wheatley (vocals, keyboards); Steve Arrington (vocals, drums, percussion); Roger Parker (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: M. L. Adems; Gary Platt; Jimmy Douglass.
Illustrator: Floyd Miller.
Photographer: Jim Houghton.
This compilation from Collectables pairs together Slave's sixth and seventh albums, 1981's Show Time and 1982's Visions of the Lite. Putting any part of this band's output back into circulation is an admirable move, especially since Show Time has remained one of the best funk albums of the early '80s -- a point lost on a lot of potential fans since it remained out of print for so long. The band's last album with Steve Arrington, Show Time contains a healthy chunk of their most enduring singles ("Snap Shot," "Party Lites," "Wait for Me"). Slick, sophisticated, yet not short on grit. The following year's Visions of the Lite was the band's first without Arrington. Though Slave was cannibalizing a lot of their old ideas -- and perhaps some of Cheryl Lynn's (check "Be My Babe") -- they still corked out a couple hot songs in "Do You Like It... (Girl)" and "I'll Be Gone," which deserved to be, at least, a minor hit. ~ Andy Kellman
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Slave Show time/ Visions of the lite. Music Lover: daniel salinas from Little Canada, MN US -- January, 26, 2006
Both these albums are one of the ulimate in the slave collection. It's a must for a true slave fan. The bass lines are unmatched to any other funk band.
- Sales Rank: 21,577
- UPC: 090431780527
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$3.99 Super Savings
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. Bubblegum Christmas (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- The Ad-Libs Ad-Libs & Friends (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3