- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 13, 2002
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Mill Creek Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Lily Tomlin &
Roy Brocksmith &
New York Times - 06/10/1988
"...A most cheerful, very breezy summer farce....Uncommon zest..."
Los Angeles Times - 06/10/1988
"...A bright whirligig of a movie....As you watch its buoyant hilarity, the intricacies flow smoothly as honey off a spoon..."
Two sets of twins are mixed up at birth. One set becomes the chief executives of a huge Manhattan conglomerate, while the other set succeeds at becoming poor country bumpkins. They all accidentally meet up at New York's plaza hotel and quickly become comically mixed up.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment:
Bette Midler (THE FIRST WIVES CLUB, BEACHES) and Lily Tomlin (DISNEY'S THE KID, ALL OF ME, 9 TO 5) -- the first ladies of laughter -- star in this critically acclaimed box office hit about two sets of identical twins who are mismatched at birth. Forty years later, their paths cross amid the hustle and bustle of Manhattan, and the result is unrestrained pandemonium. New York's opulent Plaza Hotel is the setting for a wildly hilarious, classic case of mistaken identities, split personalities, and double trouble! With the unparalleled comedic talents of Midler and Tomlin, two's company ... four's a riot!
Two pairs of identical twins are accidentally switched at birth and end up living very different lives. One pair grows up in bucolic Jupiter Hollow, while the other two are raised in New York City and become powerful business women.
The four eventually reunite in the monumental Plaza Hotel when they take opposite sides in a battle to control the future of the Moramax Corporation and tiny Jupiter Hollow. The rest of the film is fueled by the comedy generated by an extended series of misunderstandings based on two cases of mistaken identity. Double your pleasure; double your fun.
Big Business |
Family Interaction |
- Estimated budget $15 million.
- Shot in Metrocolor. Location shooting done in New York City, New York; Kentucky; Tennessee; Newhall and Los Angeles, California.
- Screenwriter Dori Pierson is the wife of Chris Carter, the Executive Producer of the TV show, "The X-Files".
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 73 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 96,280
- UPC: 683904522429
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item