- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 14, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 01/20/1995
"...A handsomely murky domestic spy drama..."
Entertainment Weekly - 12/29/1995
Ranked #10 in Entertainment Weekly's "10 Best Video Releases of 1995" -- "...More fun than almost anything else on video....The kind of great trash that Hollywood is too timid to make anymore..."
New York Times - 01/20/1995
"...[A] sleek, film-noir thriller....Stylishly directed....Gliding cinematography and a lush tropically seasoned score..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/20/1995
"...BAD COMPANY is enjoyably nasty..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 01/20/1995
"...BAD COMPANY is a thriller of extravagant complexity, a thinking man's Grisham film....The plot moves like clockwork, surprising us, then surprising us again..."
A former CIA operative infiltrates a notorious corporate espionage organization and becomes involved with a beautiful member of the spy ring in an attempt to overthrow the head honcho. A murderous spy thriller.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment:
Dynamic stars and edge-of-your-seat suspense electrify BAD COMPANY, the sexy thriller that's charged with red-hot erotic energy! Laurence Fishburne (WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT', THE MATRIX) is Nelson Crowe, a deep-cover CIA operative with a deadly assignment: infiltrate a highly secret industrial espionage firm. Once inside, he teams with Margaret Wells (Ellen Barkin -- SEA OF LOVE, SOMEONE LIKE YOU) a master spy and seductive manipulator, in a plot to overthrow the organization's sinister president (Frank Langella -- DAVE). It's an explosive situation as this dangerous power play leads Crowe and Wells into a darkly mysterious web of intrigue -- and shocking murder!
A former CIA agent, supposedly at a loss for what to do after the Cold War's demise, joins a private industrial firm that specializes in business espionage activities. But what at first seems to be a matter of simple spying turns into something more deadly... and the danger is heightened when the agent begins an affair with his boss.
- Actor Michael Murphy plays the uncredited role of "Smitty."
- Color by Gastown, prints by Technicolor. Shot in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Film created by the Tool Shed Productions Inc. for purposes of copyright law in UK.
- Additional credits: Beverly K. Sewaers (key hairstylist); Isaac Mizrahi designed the gown worn by Ellen Barkin; Cinema Research Corporation (titles)
- Music: "Elevate My Mind" by Nicholas Hallan & Richard Birch, performed by Stereo MC's; "You Look Like Rain" by Mark Sandman, performed by Morphine; "Love Again" by Bryan Daly; "I Don't Remember Sunday Blues" & "When Two Lovers Meet" by Frank Fitzpatrick; "When the Saints Go Marching In." adapted & arranged by Gene Norman; "Five Good Reason" by Noel McKoy, Alan Rapaport & Crispin Taylor, performed by McKoy; and Handel's "Fondi Terere Ombra Mai Fu."
- Copyright 1994 Buena Vista Pictures Distribution.