- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 3, 2003
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/08/1992
"...The cartoony, slapstick humor does generate enough charm to pull chuckles from a young audience..."
Three brothers must use their martial arts skills to battle an organized crime ring, would-be kidnappers, and an entire troop of ninja soldiers. Surrounded by danger and excitement, the boys must rely on their wits and their grandfather's ninja training to defeat their foes.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
Here's the exciting action-adventure hit that sparked ninja-mania with audiences everywhere! After an organized crime ring proves to be too much for the FBI, it's time for the 3 NINJAS! They're three brothers trained in the ways of the ninja. And the fun kicks off when the action kicks in! Using their martial arts skills, they team up to battle the crime ring and outwit some very persistent kidnappers! Mixing the high-kicking fun of TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES with the humorous pranks of HOME ALONE, 3 NINJAS creates a high-energy, fun-filled treat for everyone!
Three boys use their martial arts expertise to help their FBI agent dad crack a tough case involving an evil weapons mogul. Trained by their wise old grandfather in the art of ninjitsu, the youngsters fend off their ninja captors in a series of spectacular fight sequences that make up the bulk of this action adventure film for kids.
Martial Arts |
Organized Crime |
- Working title for the film was "3 Ninja Kids," and it was released in the UK under this name.
- Filmed in Topanga County, California; prints by Technicolor.
- Shown at the Cannes International Film Festival (market) May 7-18, 1992. Released in the USA August 7, 1992 accompanied by the short "Petal to Metal." Released on video January 20, 1993.
- Global Venture Hollywood is a production company put together by South Korean filmmaker Sang Okk Sheen. "3 Ninjas" is the company's first English-language film.
- Rated BBFC PG.