- Rated: X
- Run Time: 2 hours
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: January 31, 2006
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Kultur Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Fonda, in a one man show, brings to life Darrow's most famous trials - the Scopes "Monkey" Trial in Tennessee, his classic defense of the child killers Leopold and Leob, his first civil rights cases, his defense of the labor leader Eugene Debs, and many more. Based on Irving Stone's "Clarence Darrow for the Defense."
A filmed version of David W. Rintels' Broadway play that was based on "Irving Stone's Clarence Darrow for the Defense." Retaining the original stage format, this one-man show offers a provocative portrait of the crusading American lawyer in his battle against injustice.
Law / Lawyers
- Aired on the NBC Television Network September 4, 1974.
- Produced by Dome Productions.