- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 22, 2000
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1- English
- Dolby Digital 5.1- French
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Full-Motion Menus
- Production Notes
- Filmographies: Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I think you're the sexiest woman I ever met." -- Evan Marsh (STEPHEN DILLANE), to Roz (SANDRA BULLOCK)
"You don't get out much, do you'"
- Roz, in response
In this romantic comedy a working class Boston thief planning to go legit after just one more score takes along his working class New York girlfriend to help. The scam: deliver a $4 million Matisse to a wealthy New Englander. The problem: they run up against a serious art thief as well as romantic problems that could land them in the hoosegow.
Small-time thief Frank O'Brien has just stolen a Matisse painting... three days before he was supposed to. With the extra time, he takes his fed-up girlfriend Roz to an isolated New England town, in hopes of repairing their troubled relationship.
But instead of a respite, Frank and Roz encounter chaos: the FBI is hot on Frank's tail, the locals (one of whom develops a crush on Roz) are a continual nuisance, and the man who hired Frank to steal the painting is antsy for the artwork. Although these are terrible conditions in which to mend a relationship, the belligerent lovers give it their best shot. Will they succeed' Or will Frank get nabbed first'
Scams And Cons |
Theatrical Release |
- Released theatrically in the USA January 12, 1996. The film grossed $10.7 million domestically.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- British Theatrical Title: "Stolen Hearts."
- Lead actors Denis Leary and Sandra Bullock played supporting roles in the 1993 film "Demolition Man."
- Soundtrack available on TVT Records.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.