The Trouble With Girls
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$7.99 (62% Off)|
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: August 7, 2007
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Mono 1.0 French, English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Vincent Price, Marilyn Mason, Dabney Coleman, Joyce Van Patten, John Carradine & Anthony Teague|
|Directed by||Peter Tewksbury|
|Edited by||George W. Brooks|
|Screenwriting by||Arnold Peyser & Lois Peyser|
|Composition by||Billy Strange|
|Cinematography by||Jacques Marquette|
|Art Direction by||George W. Davis & Edward C. Carfagno|
|Story by||Day Keene & Dwight V. Babcock|
|Produced by||Lester Welch|
Walter Hale is the manager of a "Chautauqua" -- a traveling educational/motivational show -- whose tour takes him and his company to a small town in the Midwest circa 1927.
Aside from the friction between Walter's crew and the locals, one of the residents, a jealous pharmacist, is found murdered. While the traveling performers decide the show must go on, and the residents debate whether to support or reject it, Walter realizes the onus is on him to solve the mystery.
- Additional cast: Anissa Jones (Caro); Pepe Brown (Willy); Pitt Herbert (Mr. Perper); Med Flory (Constable); Helene Winston (Olga Prchlik); Kevin O'Neal (Yale); Chuck Briles (Amherst); Patsy Garrett (Mrs. Gilchrist); Linda Sue Risk (Lily-Jeanne); Charles P. Thompson (Cabbie); Leonard Rumery (First Farmhand); William M. Paris (Second Farmhand); Kathleen Rainey (Third Farmhand); Hal James Pederson (Soda Jerk); Mike Wagner (Chowderhead); Brett Parker (Iceman); Pacific Palisades High School Madrigals (Choral Group).
- Additional crew: Arnold and Lois Peyser (screenplay); Lester Welch (producer); Mauri Grashin (story); Dav Keene and Dwight Babcock (source writers; from novel "The Trouble with Girls"); and John Clark Bowman (assistant director).
- Filmed in Panavision. Color by Metrocolor.
- The country music trio The Farmhands performs in this film.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
I suppose I should get to the point - "The Trouble With Girls" is one of the worst movies which I've ever TRIED to watch. I started watching, and couldn't finish - I had to turn it off, midway. In particular, considering a ratio of the talented people involved in this film, (and that Elvis & his people had the resources to hire just about anyone), and the awful results, as far as I'm concerned, it is a huge disappointment and probably the WORST film released. In the music business (in which Elvis played a big part), every so often a reviewer will state that when so-and-so recorded an album, they put so little effort into what they did that they "phoned in their performance." In a real, figurative and virtual manner, this is what the actors - including Elvis - did: a languid and emotionless performance that never really gets into first gear, let alone second. The music is bad - mediocre at best. Elvis proved quite a few times that his films could have at least some interesting, entertaining and enjoyable moments, but these are absent here. Yes, I know that Col.Parker knew that all you had to do is release yet another film with his boy, and the rapacious (rabid?) fans would flock to see it. But we deserved more! (Well, you asked for my opinion!)
Top ranking titles in the Musicals & The Arts genre:
- Blue Hawaii (DVD) ~ $5.37 on SALE
- Grease (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
- The Wizard of Oz (DVD) ~ $4.60 LABOR DAY
- You're My Everything (DVD-R) ~ $14.99 on SALE
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Suspense - Lost Episodes Collection 3 (4-DVD) ~ $6.38 on SALE
- Brainiac (El Baron del Terror) (Spanish, Subtitled in English) [Rare & Out-of-Print] (DVD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.