- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 12, 2004
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English
- Mono 1.0 - French
- Interactive Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 11/25/1994
"...Wisely chosen, sharply edited, and outright funny..." -- Rating: A-
USA Today - 10/12/2004
"[I]t addresses the non-musical MGM and delves into the later years and expansive visual formats."
Once again MGM presents numerous clips from its own archive--and from those of other studios--to create a joyful collage of the finest musical and choreographic numbers in cinema history. Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire host the selection of clips from classic MGM comedies and musicals, which features cinematic greats such as Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, Elizabeth Taylor, the Marx Brothers, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, Cyd Charisse, Debbie Reynolds, Clark Gable, and dozens of others in a nostalgic, wistful portrait of old Hollywood.
Hosted by Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire, THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! PART 2 highlights more screen treasures featuring dance and comedy routines from some of Hollywood's most popular films. Besides the delight of having such classic, memorable movie moments assembled in one compilation, seeing a slightly older Astaire and Kelly singing and hoofing together is a cinematic treat.
Clips And Highlights |
- Gene Kelly was offered a cameo by Sam Spiegel in the film LAWRENCE OF ARABIA but had to turn it down because of other commitments.
- Kelly turned down the chance to direct the film version of CABARET because of his wife's battle with leukemia. He recommended Bob Fosse for the job.
- Kelly was a narrator of the first THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! film.