- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: August 7, 2007
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Mono 1.0 English
- Music Stereo 2S
Performers, Cast and Crew:
When Elvis--here a Navajo bronc rider--comes home from the rodeo circuit, he brings a load of trouble home with him. When he isn't accidentally barbecuing the family's prize bull or hosting riotous parties, he's dodging shotgun shells and insults from the parents of the girls he dates. When the bank threatens to repossess the farm, Joe's got to clean up his act.
Here's one for the time capsule.
Joe and Charlie Lightcloud are two wacky American Indians just trying to cope in the far-out 1960s. They come across a variety of unique characters including a ditsy blonde, a fast-talking car salesman, and of course, their stuck-in-the-past family.
- Additional cast: Douglas Henderson (Congressman); Angus Duncan (Lorne Hawkins); Michael Lane (Frank Hawk); Susan Trustman (Mary Lightcloud).
- Additional crew: Dan Cushman (source writer; from novel "Stay Away, Joe"); Dale Hutchinson (assistant director).
- Filmed in Panavision. Color by Metrocolor.
- Songs include: "Stay Away, Joe."