- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 28, 2003
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Michael Jordan"
- Audio Commentary: Bugs Bunny - Star, Daffy Duck - Star, Joe Pytka - Director
- Looney Tunes Game Demo
- One Hour of New-to-DVD Looney Tunes Cartoons
- Music Video:
- Seal's "Fly Like an Angel"
- "Monstar's Anthem"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Michael Jordan &
Theresa Randle &
Muggsy Bogues &
James Newton Howard
Patricia Heaton &
Director of Photography:
Dee Bradley Baker,
Kath Soucie &
Variety - 11/18/1996
"...Cute, rambunctious....[A] clever mix of live action, highlighted by the unequaled skills of basketball superstar Michael Jordan..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/15/1996
"...Handsome, ingenious....Director Joe Pytka brings maximum impact and pace to every moment..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 11/15/1996
"...SPACE JAM is a happy marriage of good ideas -- three films for the price of one..."
Threatened with being kidnapped and taken to Moron Mountain by the Nerdlucks, Bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes characters propose a winner-take-all basketball game. Confident that their ringer, NBA mega-star Michael Jordan, will ensure their victory, Bugs & Co. are surprised with their foes' ability to "absorb" talent from other earth-bound hoops stars. A live-action/animated comic adventure.
"Space Jam" marks the film debut of basketball legend Michael Jordan, who plays himself opposite some rather "colorful" co-stars...
When the Looney Tunes bunch are kidnapped to another planet by the dastardly Swackhammer, Bugs Bunny challenges them to a basketball game to win their freedom. But when the hulking opposing team, the Monstars, sap the talent from such popular hoopsters as Patrick Ewing and Charles Barkley, the Looney Tuners realize they're in deep trouble. In response, they enlist the aid of Michael Jordan, who trains and later joins the squad.
It's gonna be a wild 'n wacky, high flyin', slam-dunk of a game -- with everything at stake for Bugs and company. Can "Air" Jordan lead them to a victory'
- Released theatrically in USA November 15, 1996.
- Film debut for basketball legend Michael Jordan.
- Color by Technicolor; in DTS Sound and SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound).
- Additional voices: Bradley Baker (Daffy Duck, Tazmanian Devil, Bull Dee); Bob Bergen (Bert, Herbie, Marvin the Martian, Porky Pig, Tweety); Kath Soucie (Lola Bunny).
- Additional cameos: Larry Johnson, Shawn Bradley, Ahmad Rashad, Del Harris, Vlade Divac, Cedric Ceballos, Jim Rome, Paul Westphal, Danny Ainge (all play themselves).
- Additional credits: David Falk (executive producer); Curtis Polk (co-producer); Ed Jones (live-action/animation visual effects); Tony Cervone (director of animation).