- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 23, 2007
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"If you have a friend, on whom you can depend you are a lucky man."
- title song (ALAN PRICE)
"Smile while you're makin' it
Laugh while you're takin' it
Even though you're fakin' it
Nobody's gonna know..."
- (ALAN PRICE)
"Sell, sell, sell -- sell everything you stand for."
- (ALAN PRICE)
Film Comment - 09/01/2007
"There are moments worthy of Bunuel here....This is Anderson at his peak, surrounded by a great cast playing multiple roles..."
Sight and Sound - 01/01/2008
"[N]owhere in cinema will you find such a bleak worldview infused with such infectious, ebullient, indomitable joy, attentive to the magical propensities of life even when at its darkest."
Uncut - 06/01/2008
4 stars out of 5 -- "The result is a brilliant, rambling dissection of religion, politics, philosophy, sex; the whole kitchen sink..."
In O LUCKY MAN!, young Mick Travis, a trainee sales rep for a coffee company, earnestly begins his journey up the ladder of success, and has a wild series of misadventures along the way. Travis becomes a political scapegoat for his girlfriend's father, and almost gets mutilated when a surgeon tries to use him as a human guinea pig in a questionable scientific experiment. Then Travis finds religion and goes on another ill-fated mission to save souls. But, in the end, he falls on his feet again, and realizes that he's a very lucky man indeed, just to be alive.
Big Business |
Black Comedy |
Rags To Riches |
- This film was Britain's official entry in the 1973 Cannes Film Festival.
- Original score by Alan Price.
- Additional cast: Philip Stone (Jenkins/Interrogator/Salvation Army Major), Mary McLeod (Mary Ball/Salvationist/Vicar's Wife).