|LABOR DAY SALE:||$7.17 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.80 (45% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic SD 19262 (1979)
Description by OLDIES.com:
R&B superstars Kleer found huge success upon the release of their second album Winners. Originally released by Atlantic in 1979, the album features the hit singles "Winner" and "Open Your Mind."
- 2.I Still Love You
- 3.Your Way
- 4.Close To You
- 5.Rollin' On
- 6.Nothin' Said
- 7.Hunger For Your Love
- 8.Open Your Mind
Kleeer: Norman Durham (synthesizer, bass guitar); Richard Lee.
Personnel: Norman Durham (vocals, guitar, Fender Rhodes piano, harpsichord, Clavinet, keyboards, percussion, background vocals); Woody Cunningham (vocals, drums, percussion, background vocals); Paul Crutchfield (vocals, congas, percussion, background vocals); Isabelle Coles (vocals, background vocals); Richard Lee , Richard Lee (guitar, percussion, background vocals); Eddie Martinez (guitar); Eddie Daniels (saxophone, alto saxophone); Michael Brecker (saxophone, tenor saxophone); Jon Faddis, Randy Brecker (trumpet); Brooks Tillotson (French horn); Alan Raph (trombone); Terry Dolphin (grand piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Clavinet, keyboards); Eric Rohrbaugh (Fender Rhodes piano, Clavinet, keyboards, mini-Moog synthesizer); Louis Small (Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards); Yvette Flowers, Melanie Moore, Carole Sylvan (background vocals).
Additional personnel: Jon Faddis, The Brecker Brothers.
Photographer: Lisa Tanner.
By the time Winners was wrapped up in the studio, Kleeer were riding high on the disco wave, thanks in no small part to the smash singles on their debut record, "Keeep Your Body Workin'" and "Tonight's the Night." With Winners, the group deviates a slight bit, with less straightforward uptempo in-your-face disco and more of an R&B slant than before. The title track stays in fine disco form, but things slow down right away with two borderline quiet storm jams in "I Still Love You" and "Your Way." The rest of the album is pretty upbeat, and Winners definitely eludes the cursed sophomore slump that most bands fear. ~ Rob Theakston
The Brothers Of SoulI Guess That Don't Make Me A Loser - A Golden Classics Ed. (CD)
$7.17 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Winners - Kleeer Music Lover: Richard Lee from Brooklyn, NY US -- September, 23, 2006
You know I really miss the groups (Bands) that played their own music. This group Kleeer is one I grew up on, where are they now ! Kleeer also put out about 6 or 7 albums, I'd like to buy the whole collection!!!!!
- Sales Rank: 21,047
- UPC: 090431775127
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
R&B: Funk Music Categories:
- 100 Proof (Aged in Soul) Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD) ~ $12.35 LABOR DAY
- 24-Carat Black Ghetto: Misfortune's Wealth (CD) ~ $10.56 LABOR DAY
- Jan Akkerman C.U. (Import) (CD) ~ $22.18
- Rance Allen The Live Experience (CD) ~ $8.98
- Tony Allen Film of Life (CD) ~ $15.28
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY