- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 22, 1997
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Dolby Digital Stereo Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 12/09/1996
"...The ever-reliable Lemmon and Garner prove as audience-friendly as old easy chairs..."
A pair of crotchety, rival ex-Presidents--one a starched-shirt Republican, the other a leeringly liberal Democrat--bicker their way across the country when a scandal provoked by the current President threatens to implicate them both, possibly with lethal consequences.
Republican Russell Kramer and Democrat Matt Douglas, two former U.S. Presidents, have hated each other for decades. Their animosity only increases when they share Air Force One en route to a funeral. But a when the current chief executive orchestrates a scandal against Kramer, assassination attempts are aimed at BOTH men. To save their lives, the pair embark on a cross-country odyssey -- together -- to Ohio, where evidence of Kramer's innocence is located.
During their trek, the hate-mates bicker (often in scatological terms) to no end. But along the way they also see the "real" America, that escaped their notice while they were in office. As a result, both men learn a little about each other, about themselves and about the country they once served.
Scams And Cons |
- Co-produced by Peters Entertainment and Storyline.
- Released theatrically in the USA December 20, 1996.
- Color by Technicolor; in DTS Sound and SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound).
- Additional cast: Connie Ray (Genny).