Graham Central Station Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt It
|You Save:||$2.99 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Graham Central Station ~ Collectables Classics (4-CD) ~ $34.43 (Save 35%)
- by Larry Graham ~ Graham Central Station ~ $9.88
- by Graham Central Station ~ My Radio Sure Sounds Good To Me ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- by Larry Graham / Graham Central Station ~ Raise Up ~ $12.49
Products with a similar style:
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Warner Bros. 2876 (1975)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Graham Central Station's third release "Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt It" solidified the group's status as superstars. The album was a huge crossover success upon its 1975 release climbing all the way to #22 on the Pop Albums chart and reaching #4 on the Black Albums chart.
- 1.The Jam
- 2.Your Love
- 3.It's Alright
- 4.I Can't Stand The Rain
- 5.It Ain't Nothing But A Warner Bros. Party
- 6.Ole Smokey
- 7.Easy Rider
- 9.Luckiest People
Graham Central Station: Larry Graham, Chocolate, Hershall Happiness, Butch, David Dynamite, The Deacon.
Graham Central Station: David Vega (vocals, guitar); Hershall Kennedy (vocals, Clavinet); Larry Graham (vocals, clavichord, organ, synthesizer, bass guitar, drums, timpani); Patryce Banks (vocals); Robert "Butch" Sam (piano, organ, background vocals); The Deacon (drums).
On their third album, Graham Central Station created an album full of trademark infectious pop-soul grooves, but one that lacked the consistently strong work that defines a true classic. However, that doesn't mean that Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt It is less than listenable: in fact, it contains some of the group's finest songs. The album's all-time funk classic is the opening track "The Jam," a "Dance to the Music"-styled funk workout that intersperses a dazzling group groove with individual solos for each player. "Water" is another strong funk tune, an insistently rhythmic song that blends thump-popping basslines with backwards tape loops to create an intriguing blend of funk and psychedelia. Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt It also produced a number one R&B smash in "Your Love," which marries the group's talent for funky grooves to an old-fashioned love song with a melody that harkens back to doo wop. However, not everything on Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt It is as strong as these highlights: "It Ain't Nothing but a Warner Bros. Party" is a lightweight jam with throwaway lyrics, and the group's rote version of the Ann Peebles classic "I Can't Stand the Rain" fails to add anything memorable to the song. All in all, Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt It lacks the strong material to make it memorable, but its high points make it a worthwhile listen for funk enthusiasts. ~ Donald A. Guarisco
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 22,558
- UPC: 090431774724
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$3.99 Super Savings
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. Bubblegum Christmas (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- The Ad-Libs Ad-Libs & Friends (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3