Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: November 3, 2009
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Deleted Scenes
- The Music of Love Actually
- Kelly Clarkson "The Trouble With Love Is" Music Video
- Billy Mack "Christmas Is All Around" Music Video
- The Storytellers
- Feature Commentary with Director Richard Curtis and Actors Hugh Grant, Bill Nighy and Thomas Sangster
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- DTS Surround 5.1 - Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, German, Italian
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 11/07/2003
"...[Curtis brings] a sharp sense of character comedy combined with a very human touch. His feeling for people is as genuine as his wit, and he manages it all with a light-on-its-feet casualness..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/14/2003
"...A movie as sweetly munchable as a Christmas cookie..."
Rolling Stone -
"...There are laughs laced with feeling here..."
Total Film - 12/01/2003
"...A big, snug duvet of a movie that you can flop into and get lost in..."
USA Today - 11/07/2003
"LOVE ACTUALLY is irresistible."
Chicago Sun-Times - 11/07/2003
"It's jammed with characters, stories, warmth and laughs."
Film Comment - 05/01/2004
"[T]he film's freshness, sure-footed control of its emotional effects, and sincerity are hard to dismiss."
Written and directed by Richard Curtis and produced by Duncan Kenworthy (the team behind NOTTING HILL and FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL) this zingy British comedy weaves a vivid crazy quilt of interlocking or unrelated vignettes all dealing with the subject of love over the Christmas holidays in London. The big name cast includes Hugh Grant as a prime minister who falls for a staff member, Liam Neeson as a widower counseling his son in the ways of romance, Laura Linney as a shy woman working up the nerve to ask out a coworker, Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman as a couple faced with infidelity, and Colin Firth as a writer who falls for his Portuguese maid. Additionally, a pair of porn film stand-ins bond on the set, an artist fantasizes about his friend's wife; and perhaps funniest of all, an aging rock star (Bill Nighy) tries for his comeback with a Christmas novelty song. The likes of Billy Bob Thornton, Rowan Atkinson and Denise Richards turn in cameos, helping making this film a throwback to those all-star, multi-plotted comedies of the 1960s and '70s, such as IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD (1963), NASHVILLE (1975), and CALIFORNIA SUITE (1978). With Curtis' comedic credentials and the star wattage of pros like Grant, Neeson and Thompson, LOVE, ACTUALLY is a laugh-packed affair, with more than a few tears to be shed along the way, and a startling amount of bawdy raunchiness.
London, England |
Romantic Comedy |
- Theatrical Release: November 7, 2003