- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 15, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Alternate Scenes: Deleted Scenes/Outtakes
- Featurette: PURE LETHAL
- Audio Commentary: Richard Donner - Director
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Bonus Trailers
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Production Notes
- Additional Text: Interviews with Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 09/01/1998
"...[Li's] ample charisma is on display along with his balletic martial arts ability, and fans of his Hong Kong films won't be disappointed..."
USA Today - 07/31/1998
"...The stunt sequences are excellent..."
New York Times - 07/10/1998
"...One of the nicer blow-'em-ups around....The characters remain funny and likable....[It's] a flamboyant tongue-in-cheek adventure fueled by jokey camaraderie and constant forward motion..."
Box Office - 09/01/1998
"...Audiences will laugh and cry and even chew on their fingers during the action sequences....The stunts in this movie are incredible..."
Premiere - 07/01/1998
"...The spirit of the series lives on..."
Fourth in the series of uber-successful action films directed by Richard Donner. Gibson and Glover return as Los Angeles detectives who can't seem to get through a day without a shooting, a robbery, or a car chase.