- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 22, 1997
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Warner Home Video
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Packaging: Keep Case
Interactive Film Trivia
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 03/04/1987
"...Unrelenting energy and insistent drive....LETHAL WEAPON is a piece of bravado filmmaking and tech credits are first-rate throughout..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/06/1987
"...Donner puts it into bright, jazzy overdrive, and the cinematography and music are just right: gritty, gleaming, cartoon-hard..."
Total Film - 04/01/2004
"Screenwriter Shane Black's explosive debut patented the modern buddy pic: brash, crass and dangerous to know."
Two tough Los Angeles cops, one who carries a lethal weapon (Glover) and the other who is one (Gibson), are teamed as partners in a highly unusual case involving a massive international ring which has its roots in Vietnam - a place they are both all too familiar with. This film, with its fresh, energetic combination of comedy, drama and action, has managed to spawn three highly successful sequels.
Classic Fight Scenes |
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Film debut for Traci Wolfe, who plays Rianne Murtaugh.
- Color by Technicolor, shot in and around Los Angeles, California.
- Panavision cameras and lenses.
- The picture is dedicated to the memory of Dar Robinson one of the motion picture industry's greatest stuntmen.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Flub: In one scene, the car that Roger is driving has the gear shift in park.
- Additional credits: Ramsey (hairstyle for Mel Gibson).