- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 22, 1997
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Warner Home Video
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Packaging: Keep Case
Interactive Film Trivia
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 03/04/1987
"...Unrelenting energy and insistent drive....LETHAL WEAPON is a piece of bravado filmmaking and tech credits are first-rate throughout..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/06/1987
"...Donner puts it into bright, jazzy overdrive, and the cinematography and music are just right: gritty, gleaming, cartoon-hard..."
Total Film - 04/01/2004
"Screenwriter Shane Black's explosive debut patented the modern buddy pic: brash, crass and dangerous to know."
Two tough Los Angeles cops, one who carries a lethal weapon (Glover) and the other who is one (Gibson), are teamed as partners in a highly unusual case involving a massive international ring which has its roots in Vietnam - a place they are both all too familiar with. This film, with its fresh, energetic combination of comedy, drama and action, has managed to spawn three highly successful sequels.
- Film debut for Traci Wolfe, who plays Rianne Murtaugh.
- Color by Technicolor, shot in and around Los Angeles, California.
- Panavision cameras and lenses.
- The picture is dedicated to the memory of Dar Robinson one of the motion picture industry's greatest stuntmen.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Flub: In one scene, the car that Roger is driving has the gear shift in park.
- Additional credits: Ramsey (hairstyle for Mel Gibson).