- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 24, 2004
- Originally Released: 1943
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Mono 1.0 - English
- Mono 1.0 - French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 08/03/1990
"...Sentimental but not sappy, and the color photography makes it a handsome tape..."
After her poor family sells her, the almost-human Collie travels 1,000 miles to return to them. Academy Award Nominations: Best (Color) Cinematography.
The first in the series of "Lassie" movies. Here, Sam Carraclough sells the collie to a rich family, much to the dismay of both Lassie, and Sam's young son Joe. Lassie misses the Carracloughs so much that, with "dogged" determination, she attempts a dangerous, adventure-filled cross-country trip back home. Will the boy and his dog be reunited'
Animal Heroes |
Family (General) |
- LASSIE COME HOME was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1993.
- Filmed in three-strip Technicolor.