- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Warner Bros. 1541 (1966)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A spectacular album front-to-end in both the talent displayed by Barbara McNair as well as the production. Standout selections from this release include "On the Other Side of the Tracks," "Irma La Douce" and "If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song)."
- 1.On The Other Side Of The Tracks
- 2.Irma La Douce
- 3.The Best Is Yet To Come
- 4.The Friendliest Thing
- 5.Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo
- 6.If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song)
- 7.On Second Thought
- 8.My Love Is A Wanderer
- 9.For Lonesome Me
- 10.I'll Build A Stairway To Paradise
- 11.If Love Ain't There (It Ain't There)
- 12.I Enjoy Being A Girl
Personnel: Barbara McNair (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mel Torm?.
Recording information: 1966.
Photographer: Ken Kim.
Arranger: Ralph Carmichael.
The 1960s Tamla Motown recording star is heard here in this 1966 recording performing a sophisticated selection of show tunes and pop standards, including her version of the Lee Hays and Pete Seeger folk song "If I Had a Hammer" and a sultry reading of Carolyn Lee and Cy Coleman's "The Best Is Yet to Come."