George Benson While The City Sleeps...
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.49 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Warner Bros. 25475 (1986)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Another spectacular release from jazz guitar legend George Benson. Originally released in 1986 by Warner Bros., this album showed the musicians unbelievable versatility as he showcases his soulful voice and rhythm thoughout this record.
- 1.While The City Sleeps
- 2.Kisses In The Moonlight
- 4.Love Is Here Tonight
- 6.Secrets In The Night
- 7.Too Many Times
- 8.Did You Hear Thunder
Personnel: George Benson (vocals, guitar); Kashif (various instruments); Kenny G (saxophone); Perston Glass (keyboards, synthesizer, strings); Robbie Buchanan (keyboards, synthesizers); Greg Phillinganes, Cory Lerios, Walter Afanaseiff (keyboards); Frank Martin, Sterling (synthesizer); David Jenkins (guitar, background vocals); Chris Camozzi, Paul Pesco, Corrado Rustici, Paul Jackson, Jr., Alan Glass (guitar); Randy Jackson, Marcus Miller (bass); Yogi Horton, Narada Michael Walden, John Robinson (drums); Paulinho Da Costa, Gigi Conaway (percussion); Audrey Wheeler, Cindy Mizelle, Carolyn Hedrich, Bud Cockrell, Ms. Kitty Beethoven, Jennifer Hall, Suzanne Valentine, Claytoven Richardson, James Gilstrap, John Lehman, Marlena Jeter, Janey Clewer (background vocals).
Producers: Tommy LiPuma, Robbie Buchanan, Kashif, Narada M. Walden.
George Benson steps completely into the pop singer spotlight on this 1986 recording; there are no instrumentals here. WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS is made up of ballads, such as the popular "Kisses in the Moonlight," the poppy title track, and dance tunes such as "Shiver," which is one of the album's better rhythmic pieces. Although Benson is still lead guitarist here, his well-known fretwork definitely takes a back seat to his vocals; his playing can best be heard on "Love Is Here Tonight."
As usual, Benson gathers several well-known quality musicians to accompany him on this vocal venture. Unfortunately, the lack of a true percussion section is keenly felt--the machine-programmed drums and rhythmic backbeats are no substitute. WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS is, however, well produced and arranged by Narada Michael Walden, with additional production by Benson's long-time producer, Tommy LiPuma, and others. This pop album flows well, delivering some catchy, beat-driven music.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 22,683
- UPC: 090431773222
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Jazz Instrument: Smooth Music Categories:
- 3rd Force Driving Force (CD) ~ $16.18
- Mindi Abair In Hi-Fi Stereo (CD) ~ $10.56 LABOR DAY
- Acoustic Alchemy Live in London (2-CD) ~ $17.98
- Acoustic Alchemy Roseland (CD) ~ $16.55 LABOR DAY
- Acoustic Alchemy This Way (CD) ~ $16.18
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY