- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 30, 2005
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Mono 1.0 English
- Mono 1.0 French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A group of wacky characters compete in an illegal auto race known as the Gumball Rally. It starts in New York and finishes in Long Beach, California and there are absolutely no rules.
Description by Warner Home Video:
It's fast, funny, outrageously illegal - and the granddaddy of the cross-country speed spectacles that have raced across movie screens in the past two generations. Put your pedal to the metal for The Gumball Rally.
New York City is the starting point and this supersonic contest ends 2,900 miles later in Los Angeles. In between, director Chuck Bail (coordinator of many classic movie stunt sequences) and a crew of actors and stuntpersons treat you to a truly breakneck road comedy. Gary Busey plays a daredevil in a 600-horsepower Camaro. Raul Julia portrays an Italian Grand Prix champ who's also an incurable romantic in a fast Ferrari. Michael Sarrazin as the race's crafty, overconfident organizer pilots a classic Cobra. Ready, set, zoom!
- Additional cast: Harvey Jason (Lapchick); Lazaro Perez (Jose); and Med Flory.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in New York City on August 20, 1976.