- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 1, 2010
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: 2 Featurettes:
- The Scene of the Crime- Cast/Crew Interviews
- True Crime: True Stories - A Reporter's True-Life Experiences That Parallel the Movie
- Diana Krall Why Should I Care' Music Video
- Theatrical Trailer
- Dual Layer
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Lisa Gay Hamilton,
Mary McCormack &
Paul Brickman &
Lili Fini Zanuck &
Richard D. Zanuck
Director of Photography:
Jack N. Green
Sight and Sound - 06/??/1999
"...A gleeful, cigar chomping performance from James Woods..."
Entertainment Weekly - 04/16/1999
"...[A] cannily Eastwood-flattering justice drama..." -- Rating: B
New York Times - 03/19/1999
"...Quietly poignant....TRUE CRIME is directed by Mr. Eastwood with righteous indignation and increasingly strong momentum..."
USA Today - 03/19/1999
"...This is one of Eastwood's most fully realized performances..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/19/1999
"...A wickedly effective thriller....TRUE CRIME has a nice rhythm....Eastwood gives the movie a nice slow curve and fast break..."
Journalists / Journalism |
- Theatrical release: March 19, 1999.
- The film was shot on location in Oakland, California, and the surrounding area.
- Most of the San Quentin interiors were shot on a set built at Manex Studios in Alameda.
- The action in Andrew Klavan's novel takes place in St. Louis, Missouri. Eastwood moved the setting to the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Everett's daughter in the film is played by Francesca Fisher-Eastwood, Eastwood's own daughter with Frances Fisher, who plays the tough prosecutor, Cecilia Nussbaum.
- Fisher costarred, as Ruth DeWitt Bukater, in the blockbuster TITANIC, with Bernard Hill (Warden Plunkitt), who played Captain Smith.
- Screenwriter Paul Brickman is best known for writing and directing RISKY BUSINESS.
- Diane Venora (Barbara Everett) played Charlie Parker's wife, Chan, in Eastwood's BIRD.
- Marissa Ribisi (Amy Wilson) is the sister of actor Giovanni Ribisi (SAVING PRIVATE RYAN) and made her film debut in Richard Linklater's DAZED AND CONFUSED.
- "Why Should I Care," the song Diana Krall sings over the closing credits, was cowritten by Eastwood, Carole Bayer Sager, and Linda Thompson.
- Eastwood's wife, Dina, has a small role as reporter Wilma Francis.
- Lucy Liu (CHARLIE'S ANGELS), billed as Lucy Alexis Liu, has a small role as a toy-store clerk.