- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 28, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Dolby Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Video: "Childhood" Music Montage by Michael Jackson
- Featurette: Behind the Scenes
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- FREE WILLY
- FREE WILLY 3
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 10/01/1997
"...This anti orca-killing movie has excellent underwater photography....FREE WILLY 3: THE RESCUE succeeds in giving audiences an environmental jolt..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/10/1995
"...Crowd-pleasing....Whale-size emotional sweep." -- Rating: A-
Variety - 07/17/1995
"...A swimmingly satisfying emotional yarn..."
When Jesse meets up with the Orca friend he liberated two years earlier, an offshore oil spill forces them into another race-against-time adventure. They have to band together to save Willy and his family by getting them back into the open ocean.
"Free Willy II" continues the saga of Jesse and Willy, begun in the first hit film.
When an oiler crashes and poisons the waters in which Willy swims, Jesse's beloved whale is put in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Jesse faces his own personal turmoil when his biological mother, a drug addict, dies and his half-brother arrives for an undesired visit.
- A Shuler-Donner/Donner production.
- Filmed in Technicolor and Panavision widescreen.
- Sound in SDDS.
- Additional credits: Richard Helmer, William Aldridge, Jay Bartus, Richard Bisetti, Michael Delgenio, Charles Hessey, Jeffrey Machit, Paul Sabourin, Harold Selig and John Ziegler (special effects); Amy Stofsky (costume supervisor).
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Classification.