- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 6, 2002
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Ending
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 03/01/2004
"There's a visually arresting swarm of locusts and Louise Fletcher's vaguely sinister hypnosis machine."
This sequel to the 1973 groundbreaking box office hit finds Regan under psychiatric treatment, still recovering from the effects of personally hosting evil. However, one priest who thinks it's not over yet.
Demonic Possession |
Devil / Demons |
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical release: June 17, 1977.
- Shot on location in New York, New York; Glen Canyon, Utah; and Africa.
- Linda Blair refused to be wear the elaborate make-up that she had in THE EXORCIST, so a double performed the scenes of demonic possession.