- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 6, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Closed Captioned - English - Optional
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 - English, French (Quebec)
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- "2 Sets of Additional Scenes: One 'PG-13' and the Other 'Unrated'"
- "2 Sets of Gag Reels: One 'PG-13 and the Other 'Unrated'"
- "The Hazards of Dukes: Go Behind the Scenes"
- "How to Launch a Muscle Car 175 Feet in 4 Seconds"
- "The General Lee Lives"
- "Daisy Dukes: The Short Short Shorts"
- Music Video - Jessica Simpson - "These Boots are Made for Walkin'"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 08/12/2005
"As a movie, THE DUKES OF HAZZARD is more fun than it has any right to be....The cars chases are blissful celebrations of movement and flight..."
It was inevitable that THE DUKES OF HAZZARD would leap onto the big screen, and now, thanks to Broken Lizard's Jay Chandrasekhar (SUPER TROOPERS, CLUB DREAD), it finally has. Slipping into the boots made famous by John Schneider and Tom Wopat, Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville play moonshine-selling cousins, Bo and Luke Duke. Along with their ridiculously gorgeous cousin Daisy (Jessica Simpson) and joke-telling Uncle Jessie (Willie Nelson), the Duke boys love to get the goat of Hazzard County's most crooked law enforcement officials, including Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane (M.C. Gainey) and county commissioner Boss Hogg (Burt Reynolds). But when they discover that Boss Hogg is using his leverage to run them off their farm in order to turn Hazzard County into a strip mine for coal, things get personal. With the help of their faithful friends, Bo and Luke set off on their riskiest adventure yet.
Showing his reverence for the classic 1980s show, Chandrasekhar incorporates freeze-frames, humorous narration, and extended action sequences, resulting in a crowd-pleasing romp that promises to introduce a whole new generation of fans to the Duke boys. While Scott, Knoxville, and the scantily clad Simpson deliver the goods, it is The General Lee--the pair's electrifying orange Charger--that steals the show.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Dukes of Hazzard (Unrated)
Action Comedy based on the hit television series that ran from 1979-85. Set in present day, The Dukes of Hazzard follows the adventures of "good old boy" cousins Bo (Seann William Scott) and Luke (Johnny Knoxville) Duke, who with the help of their eye-catching cousin Daisy (Jessica Simpson) and moonshine-running Uncle Jesse (Willie Nelson), try and save the family farm from being destroyed by Hazzard County's corrupt commissioner Boss Hogg (Burt Reynolds). Their efforts constantly find the "Duke Boys" eluding authorities in "The General Lee," their famed 1969 orange Dodge Charger that keeps them one step ahead of the dimwitted antics of the small southern town's Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane (M.C. Gainey).
- Theatrical Release: August 5, 2005