- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 6, 2003
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 11/01/1999
"...Excellent use is made of locations throughout Flanders to depict the grit and austerity of 19th-century working- and lower-class life..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/27/1999
"...A tale of goodness and honesty....The way the surrounding countryside is shot gives viewers a sense of being there..."
A powerful and touching story about a poor young boy's passionate pursuit of his dream to become a great artist. Along this journey the boy, and his trusted canine companion, are forced to overcome challenging obstacles leaving him with a better understanding of friendship, compassion, mercy and forgiveness. Based on the timeless children's story set in the 1800's.